Barnamala's features make it simple to use . . .
If you type the letters K A M A L, Barnamala will display the output as . It's that simple!
You type in English as you would pronounce the Bengali words. Barnamala displays the corresponding Bengali
Here is a SCREENSHOT that shows the interface of Barnamala and gives you a feel for how it works.
As you type the English letters, Barnamala outputs the corresponding Bangla letters, in real time! You do not have to use a separate conversion operation. Barnamala's unique "auto convert" feature will make you believe you are typing in Bangla, on a Bangla keyboard, but without having to learn a new keyboard layout!
Barnamala is a "real-time phonetic transliteration software."
versatile . . .
With a registered version of Barnamala, you can compose Bengali text
(as you would do in your favorite word processing application) and then, print it, or copy the Bangla text to:
- your favorite word processor (such MS Word, WordPerfect and others)
- a graphics program (such as Adobe Photoshop, PaintShop Pro and
- email, web authoring tools -- just as you would with any other True-Type
font based document.
extended feature set . . .
- Intelligent, context-sensitive phonetic algorithm-based software
- Supports typing in both Bengali and English within the same document
- Permits basic formatting of text, including changes in font face, as well as size and color
- Supports 'Find' and 'Replace' functions
- Permits pasting of external documents into a Barnamala document
- Permits copying a part or the whole of a Barnamala document and pasting within other applications (e.g., MS Word, Photoshop, etc.)
- Comes with a built-in Help system
- Includes three sets of TrueType fonts
- Can be customized for other Bengali fonts
system requirements . . .
Barnamala works only on computers with Windows
operating systems. The following minimum confguration
- Pentium processor with 32 MB RAM / 5 MB hard disk space / SVGA display